Friends For Recovery Center
A Saginaw County peer-run drop-in center offering
recovery and hope with a wellness theme
What is Friends for Recovery Drop-In Center?
Friends for Recovery Drop-In Center is a non-profit organization established in 2014. While FFRC is funded through a contract with Saginaw County Community Mental Health Authority, it is a 100% peer-run location for self-help, advocacy and education in a wellness themed environment. Consumers of mental health services are often socially isolated, lonely and may not have many supports. At Friends for Recovery Center, participants come together to make friends, socialize or relax in an atmosphere of acceptance and understanding from others who have “been there.”
What We Offer
Why a Wellness Theme?
Wellness relates to overall well-being. It incorporates emotional, physical, occupational, intellectual, social, financial, environmental and spiritual aspects of a person’s life. It can include purpose in one’s life, satisfying work opportunities, play, joyful relationships, a healthy body and happiness. Each aspect of wellness can improve the quality of life and recovery.
Features & Services Offered:
- Recreation/game room
- Library/computer/internet use
- Exercise room/wellness kiosk/wellness information
- Scheduled activities/workshops/support groups/fitness classes
- Peer support/community resources
- Free transportation to and from Drop-In (limitations apply)
Who Qualifies to go to FFRC?
- Persons diagnosed with a serious mental illness
- Persons who currently receive or have received treatment for mental health services
- Persons at least 18 years old
- Persons with or without insurance (those without Medicaid who are eligible will be asked to apply for it)
- Resident of Saginaw County
If you are interested in participating, contact your case manager and inform them you would like to join. If you do not have a case manager contact SCCMHA Access at (989) 797-3559 and let them know you would like to participate at the Friends for Recovery Center. Download an enrollment form.
Location and Hours of Operation
2720 W. Genesee
Saginaw, MI 48602
Phone: (989) 401-7587
Fax: (989) 401-5574
Monday through Friday
7:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Tours available by request. Walk-ins welcome, but appointments preferred.
Friends for Recovery Center is a non-smoking establishment. Members are able to smoke outside the facility in the designated smoking area.
Friends for Recovery Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Download a complete overview brochure.