Course Types & Training Expectations
Live: in-person at A&W Training Facility, 1 Germania Platz, Saginaw, MI 48602
Blended: 2.5 hours of self-led, completion of online pre-work required 1 week prior to start of live, in-person training at A&W Training Facility,1 Germania Platz, Saginaw, MI 48602
Virtual: 2.5 hours of self-led, completion of online pre-work required 1 week prior to start of live, virtual Zoom session*
- Registration is required within 72 hours for in-person training. Registration is required within 10 days of virtual training date.
- Required to complete the pre-work at least 48 business hours to the start of training time (virtual and blended courses).
- Required to log into virtual courses/arrival at the training facility at least 15 minutes prior to training start time
- I am aware of the cancellation/no show policy below.
- Required to have properly functioning equipment for virtual courses and will remain on camera and/or remain in the in-person session. Less than 90% of time on camera and/or in-person attendance you will not receive credit per MHFA guidelines.
*VIRTUAL TRAINING: In order to get the most out of this training and in order to deliver it to fidelity, we asked all participants treat this training as if they are sitting in an in-person training within a classroom setting. Refrain from accessing other applications and/or any other distractions which will limit your interactions in the training.
SCCMHA training rules: driving or in any form of moving transportation while participating in a virtual training is prohibited due to Michigan Distracted Driving Laws.
Distracted Driving (michigan.gov)
Accommodation requests can be made at least 24 hours prior to the start of the training, if needed.
Cancellation/ No Show Policy
- *FREE: If cancelled less than 24 hours prior to virtual training start time; no show the day of virtual training, late to arrive which results in non-admittance to training, leave the training early, or not complete training for any reason a $25 fee will be billed. Transfer to another training will not be accepted until $25 fee is paid. Those who pay the $30 fee will not get a refund for any of the above circumstances and will need to pay the $30 fee to register for another course.
- Request for refund will only be issued if made 72 hours prior to the start of training.If there is too low of enrollment for the course, it may need to be cancelled. Mental Health First Aid requires at least 5 participants to hold a course. IF there are no-shows and/or late cancellations resulting in the instructor cancelling the course due to low enrollment and you have paid a fee, please reach out to your trainer.